Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hatnyai

This weekend, I plan to go to Hatnyai. Actually, I want to go to Bangkok but due to the distance and time-consuming, it will be postponed to some other times. According to Wikipedia, Hatnyai is a city in southern Thailand near the boundary to Malaysia. Located at 7°1′N 100°28′E / 7.017°N 100.467°E / 7.017; 100.467, it has a population of 157,359 (2008) in the city itself and about 800,000 in the greater Hat Yai area. Hat Yai is the largest city of Songkhla Province, the largest metropolitan area in Southern, and third largest metropolitan area of the country. It is is often mistaken as being the capital of the province, but Songkhla is the capital and the center of administration and culture, while Hat Yai is the business center. The two cities are considered as twin cities due to their close connection, and accordingly, Hat Yai and Songkhla form the Greater Hatyai-Songkhla Metropolitan Area.

I've been to Hatnyai last year and it was great but this time, I want to visit places that I've not visited before. You should know that Hatnyai is a great place for shopping. It is also easier for you to find HALAL food here. Since it is really near to my house, so I choose train to travel by. It only takes 3hours to reach there by train and 1hour by car. I can't wait to spend my weekend there~ Will let you know soon..

No comments: